Saturday, April 08, 2006

I don't drink beer because


I met a guy online a few days ago from Vancouver. He seemed like a nice dude; told me he had a PhD in Literature, and he looked ok on his dark photograph he passed along. Last night he arrived in Victoria and decided to phone me. Right away I could tell he was impatient.

Immediately he asked "So do you want to meet at my hotel?” I replied no, let's met somewhere in public and take it from there. "How about Swan's?” I asked. He let out a sigh of disgust and replied "No, we are not doing that". Right away I knew this wasn't going anywhere.

About a half an hour later we meet on the corner of Johnson and Broad. This guy...ok let me regain my composure. When he first sees me, he lights up and his eyes immediately scan me head to toe, taking a great deal of time in the crotch area. You could at least be a bit more subtle about it man!

This guy was dressed in black 80's track pants, a red hoodie; he was wearing glasses, a ball cap, and had a large chip out of his front tooth. He looked older than his picture and far less attractive. I hate it when guys aren't real about themselves. Sometimes guys give out pictures of themselves that are outdated; or where they no longer have a great body, or hair; or they are 20 years older -- do you think I'm not going to hold that against you? It just totally pisses me off! I knew I wasted my time but hoped to see some intelligence behind this otherwise hideous mask.

You would think you would at least make an effort to do yourself up when meeting someone. Are you that egotistical that you think people will jump in the sack with just anyone? I ask him why he made a piffy sigh when I asked him to go to Swan's. He tells me "I'm a vegetarian, and I don't drink beer"... Wait a minute! I what does being a vegetarian have to do with not drinking beer? I guess he just wanted to let me know he's a vegan at no costs. I don't think it's impressive, I mean great you don't like meat, but I don't equate that with being better than everyone else.

He's still impatient and hungry, and wants to grab some non-meat food. So I walk him to rebar, but at this point I'm so turned off, I tell him "Dude, the sex-thing isn't going to happen". I think he's a bit taken aback, and immediate his demeanor changes and he says "See ya". LOL. I think people are fucking assholes at times. As I walk away I glance over my shoulder and he's still turned towards me staring as I walk away.

The rest of my night was quite fun. I met a cool guy who's in med school and we exchanged numbers. He seems like a great guy, even though most of the night I was hitting on his friend who turned out to be straight. We will see, but I want to date; I think he's onboard with that idea. Something normal...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never mind, Charlie. Most PhD's can't join the dots anyway.