Thursday, October 13, 2005

The universe is the bride of the soul

The universe is the bride of the soul. All private sympathy is partial. Two human beings are like globes, which can touch only in a point, and, whilst they remain in contact, all other points of each of the spheres are inert; their turn must also come, and the longer a particular union lasts, the more energy of appetency the parts not in union acquire.

Monday, the beginning of a new week – work is now the epicenter of my existence for the next five days. Is it an existence though? Is this what was intended of us? To glide through our existence only to find that our efforts, our manifests created, merely pale in comparison to the universe as a whole. Emerson put it best:

“If I have described life as a flux of moods, I must now add, that there is that in us which changes not, and which ranks all sensations and states of mind. The consciousness in each man is a sliding scale, which identifies him now with the First Cause, and now with the flesh of his body; life above life, in infinite degrees. The sentiment from which it sprung determines the dignity of any deed, and the question ever is, not, what you have done or forborne, but, at whose command you have done or forborne it.”

No doubt analyzing the very nature of human cruelty, to be here whilst we are empty to the things we cannot see. We cannot grasp – only the here and now – due to a lack of time, a lack of spiritual growth, and a lack of opportunity. I do not question anymore, although I have much to question, many things to relish on, I have to let go or be consumed with the energies, struggles, and missed opportunities of others. I cannot for it will do nothing but hinder me.

“Man lives by pulses; our organic movements are such; and the chemical and ethereal agents are undulatory and alternate; and the mind goes antagonizing on, and never prospers but by fits. We thrive by casualties. Our chief experiences have been casual.”

Monday, the end of an old week. I’m looking forward to the potential, I’m avaricious towards new freedoms, highlights, and occurrence. I’m itinerant in three weeks; down the coast of Oregon to Portland, and than to San Francisco, California. It should be a marvelous understanding, and myself being a virgin to the workings of the NW Coast of the United States am already far to energized to put this into words. According to Emerson once again – for some reason I’m reading him today, --life is made up of the two elements, power and form…although invariably I think there is a much larger schematic involved than just these two constants. Form and Power. Although he was a novelist in the late 1800’s I can say that life is much more diverse that these two trivial notions. Life is what you make it, it’s comprised of nothing only what the individual warrants as being important and useful. Life is inevitably life….

1 comment: