Thursday, October 13, 2005

Writing is like sex....

Writing is like sex. First you do it for love, then you do it for your friends, and then you do it for money.

-- Virginia Woolfe

Do you really have sex for love at first? LOL. This is not what I am accustomed too. I thought sex was done for other reasons like the need for human companionship, or in some cases the need to get off, the basic building blocks of any good ape, is the raw desire to just pound some other ape and get off. Than again, I'm not an ape, and hopefully I can distinguish myself from these internal desires that should have been breed out of our species a long time ago.

My idea of a fairy tale romance, sex with the person I love - well, I am not sure if that will ever be played out now. Sex is an ice breaker in the gay community. It is expected to occur almost immediately and it also is the basis of any lasting gay friendship....to make friends you must put out!!! Sad in a way. I have been down that road, and I can honestly say I have made some great friends now!!! But, I don't think I would ever enterain the idea of sleeping around in the future only if I am in a different city. I have built up some morals and ideals and I tend to stick to them. When your young and unenciteful you tend to conform a little easier.

It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you don't do it in the street and frighten the horses.

-- Daphne Fielding, The Duchess of Jermyn Street

I can come across as being judgmental at times towards my family, my brothers….and with good reason. Although no matter how much I could criticize, I’m the guy you’ll see at the world strung up on God knows what, with my shirt off, randomly meeting people for a good time. In other words, I’m a big time hypocrite, slut, fool, prick...you name it, I'll agree. But than again, maybe I’m just desperate, nice, or I just want to have a really fun time with no strings attached….or maybe 3.5 years in Victoria has lead me to break loose every chance I get because I’m practically invisible over here. The gay community in Victoria is quite strange. Other cities welcome me with open pants….I mean hearts.

There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex; they should draw the line at goats.

-- Elton John

Anyway, I’m just ranting…it’s the rain I swear. It’s the four + months without television – which I feel no loss for. Maybe I should just say fuck it and buy a goat…..

No comments: