Monday, October 31, 2005

The vacation is over and so am I...



Men reading fashion magazines
Oh what a world
It seems we live in
Straight man
Oh what a world
We live in

Why am I always on a plane or a fast train
Oh what a world my parents gave me
Always
traveling' but not in love

Still I think I'm doin' fine
Wouldn't it be a lovely headline
Life is
Beautiful on a New York Times

Men reading fashion magazines
Oh what a world
It seems we live in
Straight man
Oh what a world
We live in

Why am I always on a plane or a fast train
Oh what a world my parents gave me
Always
Travelin' but not in love

Still I think I'm doin' fine
Wouldn't it be a lovely headline
Life is
Beautiful on a New York Times
Oh what a world
We live in

Why am I always on a plane or a fast train
Oh what a world my parents gave me
Always
Travelin' but not in love

Still I think I'm doin' fine
Wouldn't it be a lovely headline
Life is
Beautiful

My vacation in a nutshell (There is too much to write, so I will try to summarize it - sorry guys)

Portland - summed up, great people, beautiful architecture, I met some good guys there and may have made a lifelong friend in the process. It was great. The coast line is beautiful driving down, nothing but rolling hills, yellowed grasses, Shasta Mountain was exquisite. We ate at a great italian restaurant, wish I could remember the name, but it's some of the best chow I've had in a while. The city itself, has an industrial/commerical feel to it, I'm assuming because of the industries surrounding it's history. People are laid back and unique, the streets are clean, too many homeless people though. I don't think I could ever live there, I'm an avid biker and I think there is way too much noise pollution and people. Would I go back yeah, fuck yeah! Silveradooooooooooo.


San Francisco - After driving for about 10 hours we arrive, headed towards the bay bridge, cruising along with 10 lanes of traffic. The city is so intimidating from the outside, but once you arrive, wow, stunning buildings that climb into the sky, friendly (sometimes smelly), and easy to use city. I was quite impressed. I don't think it's possible to take a bad picture of San Francisco. The gay scene is pretty bad but very friendly, and great dancing music. My friend Rico and I were too picky to hook up with anyone but we had a much better time hitting the 24 hour diner in the Castro area. We had a great laugh there. Take aways, driving around San Fran, hula hooping in the park, and doing the National Lampoons tour of the art gallary haha, such great work and photography there, I think it really inspired me. I like the fact Rico and I are such independant guys, ever place we visited, we were really outgoing and made lots of friends. It's cool, I'm so glad we can travel and not have hang ups.



Santa Cruz/The Farm - Rico's family was amazing and very friendly. We hike 3 miles one day to see elephant seals, lived on a beautiful and photogenic farm, hike a mountain or two, did visits to the local towns, had a nice dinner out. It was absolutely perfect (maybe the best part of the trip). At night, peace, quiet, no light pollution, only the sound of the ocean and the traces of some other life (the native Indians). The energy was very noticeable and gripping.

Highway one - What can I say? Lots of turns, curves, loops, hills...LOL, it makes it a pretty strenuous drive, but at the same time the coast line is amazing. The ocean goes on forever, lighthouses, small towns, farmland. And, to top it off the most incredible streaches of forests ever known to man. The redwords were awe inspiring, and I even became a little emotional after seeing them. One of the last strains of pure and natural beauty. Driving through the redword forests while the sun was disappearing really did a number on me. I kept thinking, this is one the last places I can go to find nature beauty in the world. This is one of the last places that man hasn't destroyed. The trees were so immense, so powerful, you could feel the spiritual force of nature there. Driving through, I was both smiling, sad, in awe, and I may have even shed a tear or two. I want to go back and camp there at some point, set up a tent, and just hike through the acres and acres of forest.


I think we took around 450 pictures, which I have to sift through tonight. I have some great art work coming up, some great pictures I want to frame for my apartment. I am getting quite good at using my camera, I'm very happy with it.

Back to Vancouver...this will take a little more time, and is more meaningful in a sense. Well, I want to write a lot, but I have to tone it down. Friday night my friends and I head out, and I am introduced to a guy who will remain nameless. To be honest, after the introduction and hearing him talk I was kind of entranced. I couldn't believe how hot this guy was turning out to be. But I thought, no, he's out of my league, he's clearly not interested. That night, I met the wrong guy.

We head to BOO the next night, my friend Rico, and his friend Rocco. Who I find very attractive, but...hehe, don't ask. We head to BOO, get a bit of make up applied for our Halloween costume (red masks and sparkling beads around my eye area), and start dancing. I find some stuff, and start feeling even better. I flirt heavily with Rocco, I see a guy from Portland who I have taken a liking too and have meet twice in my travels, and a few other guys are there who are flirting shamelessly...but...the guy from Fountain Head is at BOO! He comes up to me and says hello, and to be honest I'm a little taken aback but after a short conversation I get the impression that he is interested. So I move in for the kill, and I hug and kiss him. I have to let him know, I can't let him think I'm not interested. He turns out to be an incredible kisser, with a great smile, handsome voice, sexy body.

Needless to say it was a great night, and I met a lot of people, but when home with the right person. He has an amazing soul. A beautiful outlook. A sensitive yet masculine guy who gets the bigger picture. I was quite impressed and sad to leave on Sunday. It's not everyday you connect with someone and really feel like he could be someone you could build something with. Ok ok, I'm ranting. I'm happy. I'm relaxed. I love life. I'm thankful. Enough said.

No comments: