Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Free NFLD


I have to give a shout out to this blog I read on occasion. This chick is absolutely hilarious.

http://queserasera.org/

On a side note, this is day number three of NOT SEEING ANY GUYS. I feel free, you know? It's like this horrible weight has been lifted on my shoulders and I can now concentrate on me again.
I hope you detect the sarcasm in the last few sentences…but honestly, I need to start thinking about me and take myself away from it all. It seems like it’s one person after another lately, I mean, I’m not complaining but it’s strange; I am not used to this abundance.
I have met a fellow Newfoundlander a couple of days ago - he seems really cool so I'm not sure how much longer I can hold off. I know, I know, I'm sounding boy crazy…

I have always wanted to meet a fellow Newfoundlander that is gay. I have met one or two before but they didn't cut it. This one...seems really cute. I have these fantasies of settling with a small town boy like myself and entertaining our Newfoundland traditions like cooking Fish n' Brews on Sunday, having cold plates, going ski-dooing, importing some moose meat. I know it sounds lame but it's an important connection to my past.

We could both take trips back to Newfoundland to visit our family and yeah...I know he appreciates our home, I know that it's a place where he has strong ties and because of that I am very attracted to him. He looks 'Black Irish' like myself, and as we talk about our lives, I see a lot of similarities.

I'll keep you all posted how it turns out. Another loop in the complex matrix of dating Charlie. Sometimes I wonder if I am going about this the right way. I can see myself pissing off some guys in my life once I find Mr. Right. I'll have to learn how to make myself cry or something to seem apologetic when I do the break ups. He he. Seriously, I am not dead on the inside...I'm warming up, my soul is starting to come around again.

I went to my weekly Spin Class last night (I do this twice a week) A.K.A freewheeling. I have been avoiding the Monday slot because the lady who teaches is fucking Satan reincarnated. Not only does she make us climb hills for ten minutes straight, she also announced that she is three months pregnant. I want to stay away from that shit as long as possible.

The new instructor (Tuesday and Thursdays) is kind of cool. Although, she doesn't let us warm up and I find her a bit scatterbrained. Her music is better though. We even got to hear some 'Smells like Teen Spirit' for our wrap up. I am becoming addicted and lean. The two are great reinforcements for my obsession with staying fit. I guess I'm an official spinner now.

Because of my decision to stay away from the men in my life, during the spin class I found myself looking around. I was wondering what guys were in the class with me, I was noticing who was dropping by to watch, and once in a while I would look out of the glass front of the class to see men coming and going. I have to find a new hobby and fast.

1 comment:

Single Guy said...

I love spinning too...I need to get back into it!