Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Driving Mr. Charlie

I woke up 5:30 this morning! I'm amazed. For some reason I went to bed extremely early, than awoke to the sound of chirping birds. It was great to have that much time in the morning before having to head to work.

I made some espresso, took a shower, and watch an episode of South Park about Mormons. It was so friggin' hilarious. I have come to realize both the Mormons and the Church of Scientology are both fucking wackos.

Marty picked me up around 7:30 to bring me up the dealership. I think he was a bit taken aback with how cheary I am in the morning. I was laughing, talking about how great life is; I'm thinking he had a flashback to the five days we spent together in Vegas.

I don't mean to be positive; I should pass along my blog to Marty so that he can see the darker side of me. You see, in person, it's I'm more annoyingly happy than anyone else I have met in my travels - minus my cousin Jill who's a raving Jehovah's Witness.

I grabbed my car from the Nissan dealership and told them I'm getting my brake work completed somewhere else. They were a bit disappointed, but it's their fault I have to replace my rotors anyway. They gave me an inaccurate quote last time I got my brakes checked, and I gave them a piece of my mind.

My car is at Midus. They seem like a great bunch of guys, and it's near my company. I went in like a pro, having a conversation about the brakes, and showing my knowledge on the subject of auto repairs. If they only knew that I had to go online reading about this stuff.

The most I can do is change the washer fluid, check the oil, and identify most every sound and say it's either the fan belt or the brakes. I think they thought I was one of the guys, and they won't be able to give me the once over. Knowledge is power.

My sister and I made amends two days ago. I appologized to her for being so cold and blunt. At the same time, she took her guards down and all is well. We talked about how much we miss each other, and how it's a shame that we haven't seen each other in at least 3 years. I have only saw my newphew once when he was a month old.

I'm not sure how to handle it.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Ugh, I hate you for making amends with your sister. I wish I could.