Sunday, May 28, 2006

Never say a word

Wow, I just had a comment from a friend of mine who lives in Doha:

-----------------------------------------------------
It starts with blah blah blah, but lets get to the meat and bones of it all before I pass out and go to bed.

I have been keeping up with your blog, though. You are an amazing writer, despite being in desperate need of a spell checker! ;) I love discovering there has been a new entry and even more, I love reading those entries.

You certainly have a way of expresing the romantic idea most Newfoundlanders have of clinging to an island for dear life. There's no poetry, there's no bullshit. It's a damn good read Charlie. Seriously. If this were a newspaper column, for example, people would turn to it before reading the front page. (Well, maybe not the front page. Everyone reads the front page first. That's why they put it on the front page.) After scanning the headlines, for sure.

Keep writing. I look forward to more PROLIFIC works in the future!
-----------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Matt™ said...

I love Doha. It's beautiful, not as beautiful as Dubai though, haha. I'm very impartial.

Charls, we should go to Doha to meet this friend of yours this winter. It's better to travel there in the winter.