Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Fall



It's here.

I'm heading to Vancouver on Saturday to visit my father who I haven't seen in over three years. He has conferences all day long and I will be living it up at the Mariott (one of the nicest hotels in Vancouver). I plan on heading to the spa, ordering room service, lounging in the pool, hiking the grouse grind, biking around the city, and doing some hardcore shopping on Robson Street.

I have a feeling nothing really happens in Vancouver during the day. I will have to try to set up a few dates for the early morning when dad is away at work, lol.


One more thing, I'm on Zyban to quit smoking. It's been ten days on the medications and each morning I awake extremely early with a jumble of horrific images in my head. The drug itself changes your serotonin levels which regulate both sleep and mood.

Low levels of serotonin have been associated with depression, migraine, bipolar disorder and anxiety. Now, I am not a depressed person, nor do I ever get depressed; this drug makes me sink once in a while for brief periods. I know I shouldn't be playing with my mental state but I really want to stop smoking. I will handle the visions, the mood distriburances, and hopefully I will no longer smoke in a months time.

I'm really optmistic about ending this habit this time around. I have no need for it anymore. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used Zyban to quit and it worked. You really need to want to quit, that is the key. Good Luck, you will smell and taste better that's for sure.
Mike

Single Guy said...

...it is Spring in Australia.

Anonymous said...

ooohhhh!! That Mariott?? Lucky you! Spa, room service, relaxing...have a grand time!! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck short shorts with kickin the habit. Ive never smoked but i can imagine how hard it must be to quit..lot of respect for tryin. have fun

S said...

All the more power to you to quit smoking.

It's hard, dude. It's really hard.

Anonymous said...

What happened in Van over the weekend?

Mike

Steph said...

My brother went on the same drug and it didn't work for him. However, that's good news for you because he's lazy and unmotivated where as you are the oposite so it should work like a charm!