Friday, October 06, 2006

My Workmate




I came into work this morining only to see my IM opened with a message from the young guy I'm mentoring. As it turns out, he was trashing me and sent the message to the wrong person. HAHA. Check it out:

Geoff [5:02 PM]:
try being on charlies (5 questions a day) rule

Geoff [5:02 PM]:
that's so annoying

Geoff [5:02 PM]:
im learning a bit more finding the answers myself, but it takes ALOT longer

Geoff [5:03 PM]:
which is one of the reasons i'm helpin ya

Geoff [5:03 PM]:
hahah

Geoff [5:04 PM]:
lol

This is hilarious. The minute I read it I question him about it. "Ummm, Geoff, I opened my IM today and noticed you had a few things to say about me", and I must say this is the funniest thing that has happened to me in a while. He turns red and suddenly starts covering his own tracks.

"Yeah, I meant to send that to you...", still red and obviously telling me the biggest lie ever.

"Interesting, I don't think so, it seems to be addressed to someone else. This is why it's important to be meticulous Geoff...", and I go off on a rant. Here I go again trying to father him.

"Don't worry Geoff, I'm not pissed off, it's actually quite funny", but as it sinks in, I realized that a) he has lied to my face about this, and b) he was hoping I would be dumb enough to fall for it.

As I'm writing this he's scrambling at his desk to try to find the location of a meeting that he just missed. God, he's not that bright.

I'm glad it's Friday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

as I said before.....fire him.

Mike

Single Guy said...

Cute workmate..if that is his pic. But not as cute as you. I hope you had a godo weekend.

Dan-san said...

Would it be rude to say.."Well at least you can blog about him?"

I've noticed that ever since I've started blogging, I've been so much aware of what happens in my day. Like I always need to make a mental note as to what's happening so I can blog it. Then there are those days when the day lacks interest and I question "What the heck am I going to blog today?" That's when people like Geoff comes along...blessing in disguise maybe.

Well, it makes for a good read. But you're right. He's not the brightest light in the room.

Anonymous said...

The shirt looks much better on you!!!