Sunday, February 05, 2006

Still raining


So I always tell him the same thing. "Calm the fuck down, you're over thinking things", attempting eye contact and making sure the point has been brought across. I don't really think my words mean anything. I mean I hear myself speaking, I see people listening, but how much do they really hear? I wonder, what percentage of information is taken in by the recipient of a conversation in the run of the day?

I'm listening to Martha Wainwright yet again. I find her haunting. Her ballads just take you on this trip into her life. I can only imagine some of the scenario's and feel like I'm apart of the trip. "Dude, I mean it, look around you, take it in...Life man, it's far too short to worry about who likes who. I look around and no longer care, you know?”


There's this kid named Ross, and he was in great emotional turmoil because he's being rejected. "It's a part of life. People never really get or find what they want. I always see the situation where one guy is into the other, and rejection. Or, the opposite situation occurs. Or, they both hit it off, but it turns into a stale romance". I guess the whole point I'm trying to make is that, its life dude.

I'm Blabbering on. I could go into a limitless conversation about this, but really what's the point. People perceive life in so many different ways. I mean, I see it differently...I don't carry an ego, I don't have expectations, and when I go out I just want to have a good time. I no longer care about the rest. I'm 27 fucking years old. I've lived a pretty full and interesting life, so if Johnny doesn't like me at the bar, it's a fleeting glimpse into something that never really could be in the first place. Johnny's just not that into you. See where I'm going with this?

Martha once again is singing about being far away. Anyway, as beautiful as her story is...it's not really what I want to hear right now. I don't want to be reminded of loss, or struggle, or pain...I see it around me. Maybe I even experience it at times, God forbid. But I just wish that the turmoil’s in the people I see around me could disappear. They could let go of all these fucking insecurities and guards built up. I blame the community. I'm mad at the community for screwing so many of us up.

The Perishers: The Weekend

You don't know me.
But I'm sitting next to you.
Every morning, on the bus or on the tube.
You look tired, would it help to hear me say:
"don't you worry, Friday's not that far away"!

On the weekends, we try to get our share.
Of excitment, and of fresh air.
Trying to forget, who we're gonna be.
When the alarm rings on Monday morning.

If in the evening, all you do is watch TV.
Cause your too tired of anything else, you're just like me.
Just remember, as you struggle through the day.
Relief awaits you, Fridays not that far away.

1 comment:

Steph said...

your philosphical comments abou life reminded me of one of my most favourate movies. If you haven't seen it you should watch it. It's called SLC Punk, it's an independant film so it migh be hard to find but I could always lend it to you.... watch it!