Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Yeah well you suck!


Being in love...means you are completely broken. Then put back together, the one piece that was yours.

Fuck, I have been single for at least two years now. I don't even want to think about how long it's been. Is there something wrong with me? I mean, it's been a while. I've had offers, met some great guys, but none of them do it for me. I think I'm far too cynical, far too picky. I'm not giving them a chance.

I never thought I would compromise
I thrive best hermit style
with a beard and a pipe
and a parrot on each side
but now I can't do this without you
Let's unite tonight
We shouldn't fight
Embrace you tight
Let's unite tonight
One hand allows the other
so much and me
I always revisit this. It seems like every couple of months I go through this same stage. On the brighter side of things, there is someone. I mean, I don't know...he's young, but I've always had my eye out for him. It seems like I work in extremes...either the gay is really old, or he is young. I have been eying him for a while, we make eye contract and flirt...I'm just not sure how it will all pan out.
He said hi to me last night and passed along his number. I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to phone yet, but I will make the effort to get to know him, if he is interested. I'm not sure how to read this guy...

2 comments:

Steph said...

Well I've been single for 20 years and 5 months and there is nothing wrong with me, so two years is nothing and from what I can tell there is certainly nothing wrong with you, but you already know that.

Also, there is nothing wrong with being picky either. I suppose there IS such thing as being too picky but it has to be "sitcom picky". Like "Friends": she has maracara globs in the inner corners of her eyes or "Sienfeld": she walk around nakid all the time...

You know what you want, don't settle and don't waste time on a guy that will never be what you want.

Anonymous said...

Hey... was cruizing, using the 'next blog' button and came across yours. Interesting... will have to add it to my favorites... you've got another reader.

About this specific post... I'm older and have learned, and as you age, you'll find yourself being even more picky. Believe me, that's a good thing.

Being picky is all about knowing what you want, and not willing to just 'accept' whatever comes along. I wish I had learned that earlier in life... sure would have saved me from hefting around a bunch of useless baggage for awhile.

Hang in there dude...