Friday, March 17, 2006

God sometimes you just don't come through

I had to switch mice today. My right hand is numb and throbbing with pain...hmmm, it's either carpal tunnel syndrome which I have had in the past, or it's just poor ergonomics on my part. Luckily, I'm freak enough to be able to switch hands when using the mouse. It's a seamless transition and it's as if I haven't had to comprise my motor skills in anyway. Wow, I really do sound like a lame computer nerd.

Well, it's St. Patrick’s Day today. Traditionally, it is a very important day in Newfoundland. The streets, clubs and such would be packed with Irish/Scottish Mutts from all over the province, along with the wannabe's...hehe; you guys know who you are. Personally, I can stake a claim to my heritage since I am a black Irish English mix with a nice coat and fair complexion. The black Irish tend to have cool blue eyes, along with dark features and an identifiable look. Our eyes are usually squinted, and we are shorter in stature. Regardless, I came from an extremely good looking family on my mother’s side...I sometimes wonder why I wasn't as blessed. I mean, I do well, but if you could see some of my mother’s sisters - they are models minus the height issues.

This reminds me, America’s next top model this season is rocking. I know, I know, I have shed the evils of television, but I do download this program and watch it. I mean what more do you want out of a television show? There is Tyra Banks, the undisputed queen entrepreneurial conquests along with 13 women who will suck up and expand her ago into another realm of consciousness altogether.

Sometimes I wonder if this is it, you know, is this all I am getting out of life. I want to just pick up one day – not the near future – and just disappear completely. Travel the world and meet interesting people who may leave a lasting impact on me. I want to taste different foods and people. Photograph the images I see in National Geographic magazines and GQ. I want more. There is this desire, this fire that is so strong at times; it dampens everything else around me. I think one day it will happen. Either that, or I have to do sometime completely unconventional of a Capricorn like re-education. I know the main person holding me back right now is me. Nothing more, there are no excuses.

Looks like my other wrist is also going numb…

No comments: