Monday, June 05, 2006

The prime minister of Canada will be a lesbian...?

It’s strange. It’s completely and absolutely strange.

We danced in lines. All throughout our teeny bopper years, than teenaged dances; weddings, and in the adult years clubs, the gentlemen would form lines, with the females in their eyesight standing quite far away, and they would dance.

The men would have their legs apart, and proceed to shuffle side to side depending on the tune. Nobody would ever dare dance in their own small group or break apart from the line. We were all afraid to standout and oppose this conformity. Some would joke in passing about the way we danced as kids, even still though; nobody ever said it was wrong.

It was not masculine to dance outside of the norm. If any of my community members back in ole town Newfoundland saw me dancing now; well frankly, I think they would be shocked. My hips go from side to side, I use my hands and arms to communicate and express myself with the music; it’s very masculine, mind you, but I could see receiving some blank stares and looks of hatred.

Tonight, the energy out in the club was very strange. I couldn’t dance, and felt my energy was being sucked away from me. Energy draining, it’s actually one of the few places – Victoria, that is – that is considered an energy pit. A place that completely affects its inhabitants on a mass scale.

I talked to my friend who is a genius, a psychologist who gave military counseling. We both talk about our interests in body language, human design, and how much you can really pick up from a person – if you are sensitive to that. Astoundingly, our ideas we’re so on par with other.

I know you may think it strange, but it’s all derisive to the less sensitive mind. I have found I can pick up a lot from people based on first impressions and reading their 'language', but at the same time there is a guard up, and I don't allow myself to explore it from a closer standpoint. To do so involves not only conversing, but investing some emotional energy into the encounter, and it really does take more effort.

A lesbian stood up, and the music shut off; she was just standing there and making the speech that she is running for the next prime minister. Her speech was fabulous and heartfelt; I’m wondering who she is. I can’t imagine her addressing this gay bar full of less than ideal candidates and expecting something more. They are not really there anymore, they just all stand there hoping someone will notice them, someone will hit on them, take them away from this complacency. God, seeing this sad little place makes me want to pack up and search for something more.

Most people ignored her, but she spoke clearly and strong. I was draw to her essence. She was standing straight, her hair was dark and curley, and a following of lesbians circled her, along with one older gay male, who looks familiar. I'm thinking there must be more to this, she must be someone of stature in order to get this air time. I gave her my attention.

Tonight, I’m adrift. There’s a warm wind; it’s racing through the streets. It's being funneled by the buildings surrounding it, and the wind is gripping. I’m walking home and experience one strange event after another. Lesbians giving speeches at gay bars, an apartment filled full of young adults belting out 80’s glam music, and the club itself which is filled with so many different people; lost souls, man. It really does a number of my psyche.

We get one chance. We get one absolute and complete chance to get it all right. I can’t imagine that ever happening. I don’t know; I’m too tired to think about this stuff. I have to concentrate on the simpler things in life like laundry and making dinner.

http://www.sundayherald.com/56107

The Sunday Herald gave an interesting commentary on the war in Iraq. It’s so fucking insane what they are doing over there. They are killing innocent families and people who aren’t that different from us. They are massacring them, and this will result in one of the worst war crimes book ever seen.

This is why lesbians want to be prime minister. Our system has gone amiss, and people are struggling, but nobody is really listening.

No comments: