Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Just don't think I'd ever get over you :)


I drink good coffee every morning,
it comes from a place that's far away
When I'm done I feel like talking
Without you here there is less to say

It's raining today again in Victoria, which is no surprise. I'm more surprised that it's Tuesday and looking back on last week it seems so far away. So distant, and in one week, I am amazed at how much I have seen, how much I have taken in spiritually, how emotional one journey could be, and how it can change my viewpoint, my outlook, my emotional state...in just one week.

Don't want you thinking I'm unhappy
What is closer to the truth?
But if I lived till I was 102,
I just don't think I'll ever get over you

Tyler phoned me last night. He doesn't know how much I actually like him. And how he has changed my emotional state of mind. He doesn't know that I am deeply weighting a lot of important thoughts in my mind, that I am already more involved than I should be. He doesn't know and I'm not sure if he will ever know, I guess we will have to wait and find out. I still think I'm not worthy of someone as great as he is, but I am.

No longer moved to drink strong whiskey
Cause I shook the hand of time and I knew
that if I lived till I could no longer climb my stairs
I just don't think I'll ever get over you

I have to get over this teenager mentality...is it just me? Am I the only guy that gets hopeful, that dreams of impossible futures...that hopes that this one, could be the one. I think he could be the one. He has a soul that's faced a lot of life altering changes, a soul that has realized that life is short lived, it's what you make it, no more hang ups, no regrets...just go for it. He is more powerful than he knows, more complex and complete than the majority of people I have met. But he maybe a handful.

But I don't want you thinking I don't get asked to dinner
'Cause I'm here to say that I sometimes do
Even though I may soon feel the touch of love
I just don't think I'll ever get over you

No comments: