Sunday, November 06, 2005

Plug In Baby

Since I have gotten back from vacation I have been fighting a major software fire. Sigh, I am partially responsible and am on a team consisting of the most brilliant dudes at our company. It's an awesome experience, but I am humbled now, I'm no longer the perfectionist. It was a great ordeal, but it has taken a bit out of me...LOOK OUT long weekend. Regardless, today is the final day of the ship hold, we are moving forward, and mistakes and lack of policy will be looked at because in essence it never really was sigh. I won't tell you how much money our company lost, lol...Hopefully we still get a bonus...I don't know anymore now.
I still love my job!
My weekend was interesting! But at the same time I am dreading work tomorrow. We have some major ship holds and I'm in the middle of everything sigh. It'll be ok. I'm sitting back in my underwear listening to some muse.

What makes a weekend interesting? I don't know, when I go out in Victoria, I feel like I belong now. I have made some good friends, and am surrounded by some great energy. My ex Dennis was out Saturday night. In the past, if I saw him out, I would react in a very negative way, but now, we can talk for an hour and hang out, and it doesn't bother me (that much). We even set up some squash dates! I'm glad that that part of my life is finally over. A closed chapter (gawd I hate book analogies).

I met a cool guy who hails from Boston. A musical genius, prodigy...we have been playing the game for about three months now, but I finally gave in to his unparalleled confusion. He was fine, and kind of turned into a mushy guy once he realized I had a mind too, but at the same time, I cannot be with him.

I have set the bar high, and I have a great deal of expectations. I'd rather just wait and find out what's going to happen more than anything else.

No comments: