Thursday, January 12, 2006

My work life



It's been a week. Gawd, I feel kind of free of this addiction. I'm taking St. John's Wort as of today to relieve anxiety and stress. I guess it's ok, but it has given me a serious head rush. It's kind of like being stoned or something. Maybe I should stay away from it, I don't feel relaxed, I feel flushed.

Work is busy today. I've finally gotten back into it after sitting here like a zombie for a week. I have so much to do now...codelines, software management, server maintenance, dll creations, and I have to do some coding in VB for a tracker bug we have. Seems like there are template file updating problems, software build numbers are placed in the template handle, and I need to write some code to remove it. Oh and on top of that, I'm updating our revision control system Perforce...first I'm brining it to a new server, than updating the application to 2005, than testing our python scripts and code, along with our build system infrastructure, than write some code that will mirror the server making it insync with the old box, etc etc...it's a weeks work. Why me? I don't know, maybe because I will get it done.

So yeah...that's the way I talk at work everyday. I'm a nerd, it's true. And, although that previous paragraph makes complete sense to me, I'm sure your all like what? And, even if I explained the whole process, which would take a day or two, I'm sure you would still find it difficult to grasp.

1 comment:

Steph said...

this is what I heard:

...I feel flushed

blah blah blah blah blah remove blah blah blah update blah blah blah blah why me?

So yeah....

Feel free to leave that part out of your book :)